Welcome to the Year 6 (Willow Class) Page
Your teacher in Willow Class is Mrs Rachel Hedar
I hope that you have enjoyed the sunshine during this half term and are ready for the final, fun-packed 7 weeks at primary school that the year 6 children will have.
- Willow Class Newsletter June 2019 (.pdf)
- Willow Class Long Term Plan 2018 (.pdf)
- Willow Class Timetable March 2019 (.pdf)
PE in Willow Class
Willow Class have P.E. on a Friday with Mr Cairns and on a Monday with Miss Taylor. Please make sure the children have their PE kits in school at all times in case these change.
Homework will be given out on a Friday and returned to school the following Tuesday, unless stated otherwise. It will include a maths task, spellings and reading. In addition, a topic project may be given to the children to complete over a number of weeks.
- Maths Task – This will be from https://myminimaths.co.uk/year-6-mini-maths/ . The children will be given a set week to complete and must complete at least 2 days. This will be related to the learning that the children have completed in class that week. If there are any problems, please encourage your child to let me know.
- Spellings - This will often be on https://spellingframe.co.uk/. Spellings should be practised at home and will be tested weekly on the following Tuesday. It would benefit the children to find other words that followed the same rule, write the words in sentences or find the meanings of any words they are unsure of.
- Reading – We are carrying out a challenge in Willow Class to see how many hours the children can read within the year. When the children have read at home, a parent or another adult needs to complete the reading record and sign it so that the hours can be counted and it can be included on our challenge wall. Children should be reading regularly at home and need to bring their book and reading record into school each day.
Please visit the learning links section of this site for additional resources by subject.