Welcome to the Year 4 (Oak Class) page
Your teacher in this class is Mrs Cockerill
Mrs Cockerill is supported by Mrs Cunningham.
- Oak Class Newsletter June 2019 (.pdf)
- Oak Class Long Term Plan 2018 - 2019 (.pdf)
- Oak Class Timetable June 2019 (.pdf)
Oak Class will have a PE session with Mr Loudon on a Wednesday and a further session with Mr Cairns on a Friday. Please make sure hte children't PE kits are in school for these sessions.
The pupils will have a specialist teacher, Mrs Heap, to teach them French each week.
Homework, linked to what we are doing in class, will be sent home on a Friday and is to be returned by the following Thursday (at the latest please) – to allow for marking and testing.
When it is necessary, pupils will be given additional homework to consolidate learning, especially in Maths and English. Pupils are expected to read at least 4 times weekly and reading records should be signed by an adult.
- Times table facts. The children are tested on their times daily. It is expected that all pupils will be able to recall their times tables to 12 x 12 by the end of Year 4, with speed and accuracy. I would greatly appreciate your support helping your child to practice their times tables and division facts.
- Spellings. Every week the children will have a new spelling rule or list of Year 4 and 5 common exception words to learn and practice applying in their writing. ( Spelling frame )
- Reading. Children should be reading regularly for their literary development and enjoyment. When you have heard your child read at home (either their school reading book or a book from home), please sign their reading record as I am looking out for keen bookworms who read four or more times per week. Oak class have a set of 3 Meercats who love to go on reading adventures. Each week pupils will be chosen to take the Meercats home to read to them. Please remind your child to bring their reading book and record into school every day.
Please visit the learning links section of this site for additional resources by subject.