Welcome to the Year 4 (Oak Class) Page
Your teacher in this class is Mrs Cockerill
Mrs Cockerill is supported by Mrs Cunningham.
- Oak Class Newsletter February 2020
- Oak Class Spring Term 2 Spelling Overview
- Oak Class Long Term Plan 2019 - 2020
- White Rose Maths Curriculum Overview Year 4 (.pdf)
Oak Class have a PE session with Mr Loudon on a Wednesday and a further session with Mr Cairns on a Friday. Please make sure the children's PE kits are in school for these sessions and that any earrings are removed.
The pupils will have a specialist teacher, Madame Heap, teach them French each week.
Mrs Carter teaches the children music every week.
For homework, the children are asked to read regularly at home and have their reading records signed by an adult. For our spellings, an overview for each half term will be sent home and the children are asked to practise the different spelling rules being taught each week. The children all have access to Sum Dog, Spelling Frame and MyOn (log in details for each should be in the front of reading records) so they can log in at home for extra practice.
- Times table facts. The children are tested on their times daily. It is expected that all pupils will be able to recall their times tables to 12 x 12 by the end of Year 4, with speed and accuracy. I would greatly appreciate your support helping your child to practice their times tables and division facts.
Please visit the learning links section of this site for additional resources by subject.