View the Year 3 Photo Gallery
Welcome to the Year 2 & 3 (Elm Class) Page
Your Teacher in Elm Class is Mrs Garner.
Mrs Garner is supported by Miss Wood.
Welcome to our class page! I hope that you find the information here useful.
This half term, we are starting the school year with an exciting topic about the natural world.....TREMORS!
- Elm Class Timetable September 2019 (.pdf)
- Elm Class Long Term Plan 2019 - 2020 (.pdf)
- End of Year Expectations for Year 3, 2019 (.pdf)
- End of Year Expectations for Year 2, 2019 (.pdf)
- White Rose Curriculum Overview (.pdf)
- Mental Maths Targets 2018 (.pdf)
PE days in Elm Class
Elm Class PE sessions will be Friday with Mr Cairns as part of PPA cover and Monday afternoon with Mrs Taylor. Your child’s PE kit should be kept in school throughout the week as we occasionally need to alter timetabled sessions. Also, for health and safety reasons, jewellery needs to be removed and long hair tied back for a PE lesson.
Homework in Elm Class
- Times table and key number facts. We will have a timed test every week, as quick recall of key number facts helps the children to be fluent in their maths work. I would greatly appreciate your support helping your child to practise these.
- Spelling. Every week the children will have a new spelling rule or some Year 2 or 3 common exception words to learn.
- Reading! Children should be reading regularly for their literary development and enjoyment. When you have heard your child read at home (either their school reading book or a book from home), please sign their reading record as I am looking out for keen bookworms who read four or more times per week. Please remind your child to bring their reading book and record into school every day.
Please visit the learning links section of this site for additional resources by subject.