View the Year 2 and 3 Photo Gallery
Welcome to the Year 2 & 3 (Elm Class) Page
Your Teacher in Elm Class is Mrs Garner.
Mrs Garner is supported by Miss Wood.
Welcome to our class page! I hope that you find the information here useful.
This half term, our topic is GODS AND MORTALS. We will be travelling back to Ancient Greece to learn about this fascinating civilisation and its impact on life today. We will also be finding out what the gods and mortals got up to in some of their fascinating myths!
- Elm Class summer home learning week 1 (.pdf))
- Elm Class February 2020 Newsletter (.pdf)
- Dance Festival letter (.pdf)
- Elm Class Long Term Plan 2019 - 2020 (.pdf)
- End of Year Expectations for Year 3, 2019 (.pdf)
- End of Year Expectations for Year 2, 2019 (.pdf)
- White Rose Curriculum Overview (.pdf)
- Mental Maths Targets (.pdf)
PE days in Elm Class
This half term, Elm Class PE sessions will be Friday with Mr Cairns as part of PPA cover and Wednesday afternoon with Mr Loudon. Your child’s PE kit should be kept in school throughout the week as we occasionally need to alter timetabled sessions. Also, for health and safety reasons, jewellery needs to be removed and long hair tied back for a PE lesson.
Homework in Elm Class
- Times table and mental maths. We will have a timed test every week, as quick recall of key number facts helps the children to be fluent in their maths work. I would greatly appreciate your support helping your child to practise these. Children have a login for Sumdog to practise times tables and much more!
- Spelling. Every week the children will have a new spelling rule or some Year 2 or 3 common exception words to learn. Children can practise on Spelling Frame using the login details in their reading record.
- Reading! Children will bring home an Accelerated Reader reading book in their ZPD. When you have heard your child read could you please sign their reading record. I am looking out for keen bookworms to be reading four or more times per week. Your child also has access to Myon for lots of online books too.
Please visit the learning links section of this site for additional resources by subject.