Welcome to the Year 3 / 4 (Canady Class) Page
Your Teacher in Canady Class is Mr Cryer.
Mr Cryer is supported by Ms Lyddon.
Welcome to our class page! I hope that you find the information here useful.
- Elm Class Long Term Plan 2020 - 2021 (.pdf)
- Elm Class - Curriculum Overview Newsletter (Summer 2) (.pdf)
- Year 3 Spelling Overview - Summer 2 (.pdf)
- Year 4 Spelling Overview - Summer 2 (.pdf)
- White Rose Curriculum Overview (.pdf)
- Mental Maths Targets (.pdf)
PE days in Elm Class
Canady Class have P.E. on a Monday with Mr Loudon and on a Friday with Mr Cairns. If the children are in school, they will need to come wearing their P.E. kits on these days. If the children are at home, they will need to access the tasks and challenges set for these days on Google Classroom. Also, for health and safety reasons, jewellery needs to be removed and long hair tied back for a P.E. lesson.
Homework in Canady Class
- Times table and mental maths. We will have a timed test every week, as quick recall of key number facts helps the children to be fluent in their maths work. I would greatly appreciate your support helping your child to practise these. Children have a login for Sumdog to practise times tables and much more!
- Spelling. Every week the children will have a new spelling rule or some common exception words to learn. Children can practise on Spelling Frame using the login details in their reading record.
- Reading! Children will bring home an Accelerated Reader reading book in their ZPD. When you have heard your child read could you please sign their reading record. I am looking out for keen bookworms to be reading four or more times per week. Your child also has access to Myon for lots of online books too.
Please visit the learning links section of this site for additional resources by subject.