The price of school meals is currently £2.30 (£1.85 for nursery children).
School meals should be booked and paid for in advance on your ParentPay account. Click here here for instructions of how to book meals using your ParentPay account. Please note the deadline each week to book meals is the Wednesday the week before the menu is due to start. If you do not have a Parentpay account please contact the school office.
Qualifying for free school meals
To qualify for free school meals you must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods (£616.67 per month);
- Income Support;
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are also not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household gross income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC); or
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Please note that contributions-based benefits, including contribution-related Jobseekers' Allowance do not entitle you to claim free school meals.
If you meet the criteria for free school meals, you will find an application form on the NYCC website: https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/free-school-meals
Applications are usually processed within five working days. You will be notified in writing by NYCC, either by post or email, if your child is entitled and they will also let us (our school) know. You should continue to pay until confirmation comes through. We may be able to arrange reimbursement of payment made while your entitlement is being confirmed - please speak to the school office about this.
Free school meals claims cannot be backdated. They are awarded from the date NYCC receives the application, once eligibility is confirmed. This is because there is a legal requirement for a request to be made, before a free school meal can be provided.
If you are not entitled to free school meals, you will be notified in writing.