Welcome to the Year 5 & 6 (Willow Class) Page
Your teacher in Willow Class is Miss Allan
Our curriculum statements available under the ‘Our Learning’ tab, the documents below will give more information about the curriculum in Willow Class:
- Willow Class Newsletter June 2018 (.pdf)
- Willow Class Long Term Topic Overview January 2018 (.pdf)
- Willow Class Timetable January 2018 (.pdf)
- White Rose Maths Curriculum Overview for Year 6, 2017 (.pdf)
- Mental Maths Targets Explained March 2017 (.pdf)
Easter 2018 Revision for Year 6
- KS2 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling
- KS2 English Reading
- KS2 Mathematics 1
- KS2 Mathematics 2
- KS2 Extra Revision Resources
Mr Cairns (external coach) will deliver PE lessons on Wednesday afternoons. Please note for this half term, the children will hopefully be having their other PE session on a Friday. Please ensure that your child’s PE kit is kept in school throughout the entire week anyway (I know the days can get changed each week during busy half terms) and that children with long hair have a bobble so that they can tie it back. Also any jewellery must be removed for PE, including earrings.
Homework will be given out on a Friday and returned to school the following Tuesday, unless stated otherwise. It will include a Maths and SPaG task, spellings and reading. In addition, a topic project may be given to the children to complete over a number of weeks.
- Maths/SPaG Task – These will cover a range of topics from the maths and SPaG curriculum for the children to complete. I will give the children the set for the whole half term but they just need to complete one per week for maths and SPaG - they are numbered to avoid confusion. I will also include the answer booklets in case they are needed if your child gets stuck; however there is no need to mark them as we will go through them during school time. Towards the beginning of the year, there may be some elements that the children have not yet covered within class so working with your child to complete them may be beneficial. If there are any problems, please encourage your child to let me know.
- Spellings- Spellings should be practised at home and will be tested weekly on the following Tuesday. I will give the children the set for the whole half term but they just need to learn one list (rule) per week (although I may only choose a selection to be tested). It would benefit the children to find other words that followed the same rule, write the words in sentences or find the meanings of any words they are unsure of. I will include some extra paper for the children to practise and, if you wish, to complete any of those extra suggested activities.
- Reading – We are carrying out a challenge in Willow Class to see how many words each child can read within the year. When the children have finished a book, a parent or another adult needs to complete the reading challenge record and sign it so that the words can be counted (by a computer at school!) and it can be included on our challenge wall. Children should be reading regularly at home and need to bring their book into school each day.
Please visit the learning links section of this site for additional resources by subject.