Welcome to the Year 3 & 4 (Oak Class) Page
Your teacher in Oak Cass is Mrs Cockerill
Welcome to Oak Class! Make sure you read our latest newsletter for details of our learning for this half term. You will find some other useful information and documents below; please feel welcome to come and see me if you would like to know more.
In addition to our curriculum statements available under the ‘Our Learning’ tab, the documents below will give more information about the curriculum in Oak Class:
- Oak Class Newsletter April 2018 (.pdf)
- Oak Class Long Term Plan 2017 - 2018 (.pdf)
- Oak Class Timetable January 2018 (.pdf)
- White Rose Maths Curriculum Overview for Year 3 & 4, 2017 (.pdf)
- Mental Maths Targets Explained March 2017 (.pdf)
PE days in Oak Class
Oak Class will continue to have PE on a Wednesday afternoon with Mr Cairns. They will also have a PE session on a Monday in which we will be doing some athletics.
Homework in Oak Class
- Homework - A homework task will be given out on a Friday to be returned by the following Tuesday.
- Times tables – There will also be times tables for the childrento learnas each week we will have a timed test to ensure that these are fluent to the children.
- Spelling – Children will learn a new spelling rule or list of common exception words each week, and will have the opportunity to practise and embed this at home.
- Reading – Children have a reading record to go between home and school each day. Please listen to your child read and either leave a comment or sign your initials so that we know they have read at home.
- Learning Projects – I will be giving out a list with ideas for different learning projects to tie in with our topic about half way through the topic.
Please feel free to contact me immediately if you have any queries or concerns at any time….or if you just want to talk something through!
Please visit the learning links section of this site for additional resources by subject.