Welcome to Year 2 (Elm Class) Page
Your teacher in Elm Class is Mrs Garner
Elm Class have some fabulous Cornerstones topics to explore and I am looking forward to a busy and enjoyable year ahead! You will find some useful information and documents below; please feel welcome to come and see me if you would like to know more.
- Elm Class Newsletter June 2018 (.doc)
- Elm Class Long Term Topic Overview 2017/2018 (.pdf)
- Elm Class Timetable January 2018 (.pdf)
- End of Year Expectations for Year 2 (.pdf)
- White Rose Year-2 Yearly Overview (.pdf)
- Mental Maths Targets Explained March 2017 (.pdf)
PE in Elm Class
Elm Class have P.E. on a Monday and Friday. Please make sure children have the correct kits in school and that long hair is tied back.
Homework in Elm Class
- Homework (usually maths) will be handed out on Friday, to be returned by the following Tuesday. From time to time, I will set a ‘Learning Logs’ style homework project, linked to our Cornerstones topic, and I will give the children longer to complete this.
- Number bond and times table facts. We will have a timed test every week, as quick recall of key number facts helps the children to be fluent in their maths work. I would greatly appreciate your support helping your child to practise their relevant mental maths facts.
- Spellings. Every week the children will have a new spelling rule or list of Year 2 common exception words to learn and practise applying.
- Reading! Children should be reading regularly for their literary development and enjoyment. When you have heard your child read at home (either their school reading book or a book from home), please sign their reading record as I am looking out for keen bookworms who read four or more times per week. Please remind your child to bring their reading book and record into school every day.
Please visit the learning links section of this site for additional resources by subject.