Welcome to Year 2 (Elm Class) Page
Welcome to Elm Class. Your teacher is Mrs Garner.
Elm Class have some fabulous Cornerstones topics to explore and I am looking forward to a busy and enjoyable year ahead! You will find some useful information and documents below; please feel welcome to come and see me if you would like to know more.
- Elm Class Newsletter September 2017 (.pdf)
- Elm Class Long Term Topic Overview 2017/2018 (.pdf)
- Elm Class Timetable September 2017 (.pdf)
- End of Year Expectations for Year 2 (.pdf)
- White Rose Year-2 Yearly Overview (.pdf)
- Mental Maths Targets Explained March 2017 (.pdf)
PE in Elm Class
Elm Class PE sessions will be on Monday and Friday. Your child’s PE kit should be kept in school throughout the week as we occasionally need to alter timetabled sessions. Also, for health and safety reasons, jewellery needs to be removed and long hair tied back for to a PE lesson.
Homework in Elm Class
- Homework (usually maths) will be handed out on Friday, to be returned by the following Tuesday. From time to time, I will set a ‘Learning Logs’ style homework project, linked to our Cornerstones topic, and I will give the children longer to complete this.
- Number bond and times table facts. We will have a timed test every week, as quick recall of key number facts helps the children to be fluent in their maths work. I would greatly appreciate your support helping your child to practise their relevant mental maths facts.
- Spellings. Every week the children will have a new spelling rule or list of Year 2 common exception words to learn and practise applying.
- Reading! Children should be reading regularly for their literary development and enjoyment. When you have heard your child read at home (either their school reading book or a book from home), please sign their reading record as I am looking out for keen bookworms who read four or more times per week. Please remind your child to bring their reading book and record into school every day.